Monday, February 26, 2007

WHY ME, LORD???

And Job said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing. His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!" He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
Job 1:21-22; 2:9


As peace and joyfulness are part of our everyday life so are difficult times and challenges. What really matters is not "what" but "how" we deal with them.

I remember that for a long time I kept on asking God why my dad had to go through painful lung cancer treatment, why he had to passed away one day before going back home to Venezuela from his holidays in Italy, at that time I felt my last chance of seeing him alive was abruptly taken away from me.
Nevertheless, seven years later, two friends of mine were going through the same situation with their parents and I had the opportunity of supporting and encouraging them because of how God has been ministering me through these years, I was able to say "I know what it feels like, you are not alone" due to I knew exactly how devastating it can be when there is no one who you can identify yourself with at those times. In other words, I could relate to their needs and help them. This experience has endowed me with a particular sensibility to intercede, comfort and encourage people in similar situations.

I cannot say "I know what you feel" to someone who is going through a divorce because I have not been married yet and my parents remained together until my dad passed away. That is why we are a body with different members and backgrounds, do not miss any chance of using your experiences to give a hand to somebody. We have been called not only to seek the presence of the Lord but to help others to find the way and keep on going, especially when it requires extra effort.

At the end of the tunnel you will surely be enlightened with:

1) Spiritual growth: do we really believe that in everything God works for the good of those who love Him? Then, this will be the perfect time to show and strengthen our faith.
(James 1:2-4; Rom 8:28)

2) Testimony: overcoming adversity according to the Scriptures will make us sympathize with those who are dealing with similar circumstances. The way we handle our personal struggles affects not only us but people around. (Acts 16:24-25; Phi 1:13-14)
.
"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all”
Psalm 34:19

No comments: