Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A CONTRITE HEART...YOU'LL NOT DESPISE...


“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
2Peter 3:9



When everything goes right, I sometimes imagine the Lord being so proud and his happiness makes me stronger in Him. But, what happens when thing do not go so well? What happens when, as Paul said: “For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do”?. I cannot imagine Abraham (The Father of the Faith) lying about his wife to Pharaoh; Solomon (The wisest man on Earth) seduced by the pleasures of the flesh; and Peter (apostle and one of the three Jesus’ closest friends) disowning Him not only one but three times.

As Christians we know the Lord will always forgive us if we come to Him with a repentant and contrite heart and that condemnation does not come from God (John 3:17), however, judgement is a fact which all of us will face sooner or later. God knows the real intentions of our heart, our hidden thoughts and deepest desires. There is a great difference between those who knowing they are doing wrong say “I’ve got time to repent, God will forgive me anyway”, and those whose mistakes lead them to sincere repentance through the Holy Spirit, learning and experiencing a change in their character as so God’s men did.

“Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from Him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases Him”



1Jn 3:21-22

No comments: